WEDDING CEREMONIES AT YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK
The biggest day of them all should be unforgettable. We help make the planning simple by providing the perfect location for Yosemite weddings. From the spacious facilities and breathtaking backdrops to the wide array of things to do, you can rest assured that there is no better location for Yosemite weddings and events.
Your attendees will appreciate our well-appointed accommodations, generous amenities and great service. The area is perfect for family travel, making it the ideal destination for your guests to celebrate your matrimonial bliss and then take a vacation of their own!
YOSEMITE VIEW LODGE
Two beautifully appointed conference rooms above The River Restaurant and Lounge. Perfect for weddings, meetings or any special event. Food services are available.
- Boulder Conference Room – Max capacity – 60
- Pebble Conference Room – Max Capacity – 45
Contact El Portal Dining at 209.966.7887 for details, pricing and booking.
Conference Room: 175 Capacity – This large room is a meeting space favored by government and business groups. Includes PA system, stage lighting, fireplace, full kitchen, BBQ grill and table/chair setup. A $500 room rental fee is required.
Master Suite (Room 516): 75 Capacity – This private vacation home provides an ideal, executive retreat and location for undisturbed patio meetings and brainstorming sessions. A fee of $410.95 includes vacation home rental/night, plus 10% tax. Add $50 setup fee for tables/chairs.
Three-Bedroom Apartments (Rooms 500 and 532) – These apartments provide added space appreciated by bridal parties and include a full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with four-poster mahogany king bed, private bath with spa tub for two and two additional rooms with queen beds and shared bath. Room 500 includes a private patio. Rates: $289.95 to $299.95 per room, plus 10% tax.
River Walk Gazebo: 50 Capacity (Banquet Tables) – A lovely outdoor setting for budget-minded wedding parties. Space is adjacent to Highway 140 and is available at no charge, although there is a $50 setup fee for tables and chairs.
Yosemite View Lodge
- Banquet Room
- Restaurant Patio
- River Walk
- Conference Room
- Master Suite Patio
- River Walk
Yosemite National Park (All weddings require a permit from the National Park Service Office of Special Park Uses. Call: 209-379-1857)
- Yosemite Chapel – Yosemite Community Church, PO Box 456, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
- Glacier Point – Capacity 50 in amphitheater area. Restrooms. Jun. – Oct.
- Sentinel Dome – Capacity 15, walk-in ¼ mile, restrooms at trailhead. Jun. – Oct.
- Bridalveil Fall – Capacity 50, on old roadbed beneath falls, restrooms, year-round.
- Swinging Bridge Picnic Area – Capacity 20, on sand beaches north of bridge, restrooms, year-round.
- Cathedral Beach Picnic Area – Capacity 50, restrooms, tables and chairs allowed only in picnic area. May – Oct.
- Sentinel Bridge Picnic Area – Capacity 100, restrooms, limited availability May – Oct., tables/chairs allowed only in picnic area.
- Wawona Point – Capacity 50, restrooms, Mid-May – Oct., (call 209-372-1000)
- Glacier Point Hut – Capacity 50, restrooms, Nov. – May (X-C ski 10 mi. to hut – call 209-372-1000)
- Chilnualna Falls Trailhead – Capacity 15, restrooms at trailhead, year-round
- Giant Sequoias
- Mariposa Grove (museum) – capacity 10, no music, restrooms, Mid-May – Mid-Nov, (call 209-372-1000)
- Tuolumne Grove – capacity 30, hike-in 1 mi. (elev. drop 500′), restrooms at trailhead, Jun. – Oct.
- Mariposa Grove – capacity 15, hike-in 1 mi. (elev. drop 500′), May – Nov. No restrooms.
- Tuolumne Meadows
- Tuolumne Meadows Lodge – capacity 100, upstream of Lodge, restrooms, Jun. – Oct.
- Soda Springs – capacity 50, walk-in ¼-mi., restrooms, Jun. – Oct.
- Tenaya Beach – capacity 50 – walk-in 200 yds., restrooms, Jun. – Oct.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR WEDDING PARTIES
Each of the National Park sites described above are open to the public and may be heavily visited, particularly picnic areas during meal times. The use of these public areas is on a first-come, first-served basis; they are not reserved. Wedding parties may not keep other park visitors from using these public areas.
If fewer than 10 people are in your wedding party, you may use any other park area normally open to public use, except meadows.
Limited parking exists in all Yosemite National Park wedding locations. Use of car pools and shuttle buses is recommended. Please tread lightly whenever visiting Yosemite National Park so as not to disturb the natural environment or serenity.
All vehicles, including motorcycles, must be parked in designated areas only. Off-road traffic is not permitted. Special conveyances, including but not limited to horse-drawn carriages and hot air balloons are prohibited.
No animals or insects may be released as part of a wedding ceremony nor can seeds be thrown or anything else released that would constitute litter or change the environment.
A general Park rule is that any activity not permitted to the general public also is not permitted of wedding parties. Violation of Park rules and regulations are subject to fines.
For more attentive service, we recommend hiring a professional wedding planner. Here are two local planners:
- Autrey and Donna Nassar, Yosemite Weddings – 209-966-3231; firstname.lastname@example.org ; www.yosemiteweddings.com
- Wanda Leon, Sierra Woodland Weddings – 888-909-2665
- BB’s Catering – 209.628.6820 or 209.617.2882
- Catering by Crab Cakes – 559.641.7667
- Savoury’s – 209.966.7677
Beauty and Spa
- Revive DaySpa – 559.658.5086
- All About You – 209.742.6068
- Sweet Dreams Cakery – 877.641.7606
- The Flower Box – 559.877.2665
- Mountain Flowers and Gifts – 800.433.4656
- Oakhurst Floral – 888.498.4445
- Weddings by Shelley – 209.742.5596
- Sweet Pickins Florist – 559.642.3656
- Oakhurst Limousine – 559.683.7778
- Autrey Nassar – 209.966.3231
- Kevin Dahl – 209.966.2156 (Evangelist)
- Sierra Entertainment – 800.781.9199
- Yosemite Entertainment – 559.642.3368
- Jan Davis – 209.742.6246
- Music Works (Beth Healy) – 209.376.2277
- Dan Warsinger – 800.746.8678
- Diane Crisp – 209.966.3022
- Brian Wilhite – 559.683.5244
- Shutterbug Imaging – 209.966.7233
- Party Perfect, Atwater – 209.722.8676
- Just Ask Rentals , Oakhurst – 559.683.7117
- Abbey Rental – 559.431.1000
- Broadway Parties – 209.357.2789
Fremont House – 209.966.3657
Half Dome Productions – 209.626.9365